Frontier Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on here...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Druss 2.0 app

Go down 
+2
Tiberus
Filtershakes
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Filtershakes

Filtershakes

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 5:29 pm

Hi there! So a quick note before you go and read the app. This is an idea I've been messing with for a little while now and I figured Frontier would be a good place to try it. I didn't want to adminge aboose though, and given the character's prior history on the server so far, I really didn't want to give the appearance of trying to be the special snowflake of the server. So if you have any criticism or feedback on the app, feel free to post it and let me know!

Now, as for the specifics of the app, in summary it's just getting permission(And seeing if the community feels this is too much, or is admin abuse) to have Druss get a full-body augmentation. (The specifics will be answered in the application.) I've tried to take combat balance into account, although if you feel I've gone into overpowered territory, do let me know. Anyways, on to the app!

Steam Name: Filtershakes
Steam ID:
Steam Profile Link:
Rp Experience: About 3 years.
How did you stumble upon our server?: LEGION!
Tell me a cool Mass Effect Fact:

Character Name: Druss Jorkakt

Character Race: Volus? Cyborg? Kinda a grey area here when you think about it I think.

Why did you choose this race?:
Oh man, I could go on about this forever! But I’d just like to be an ass and quote myself here from a post made here that might sum up the idea behind this.

“The character plays on the somewhat cyberpunk idea of a person being obsolete, only in this case it’s not due to technology or anything like that but by being biologically outclassed by other species in combat. A krogan can be a great warrior, as that’s what they’re often good at, but they can also choose to be great in many other things. For Druss however, she’d be totally outclassed by several other species through nobody’s fault, unlike in cyberpunk settings where it’s a megacorporation or just human progress, here it’s just a roll of the evolutionary dice. It leaves the character in an interesting spot as her inability to achieve her dreams is, if not blocked by, at the very least made exponentially harder by the situation fate has put them in. In a way this could be what leads to her outbursts at other species, seeing how ‘fate’ has gifted them with abilities more suited to their goals and desires, and, seeing her own shortcomings and having no place to point the finger at, she takes her rage out on others around her.”

Only, the Frontier version of Druss is more closer to the original design of the character- in the sense that the xenophobic traits are mostly gone, leaving her mind more open to others and their ideas, but also more open to potentially dangerous ideas masquerading as helpful.

What can your character do for our ship? (Muscle, Maintenance, Triggerman, Comedic Act, etc.): She’d still be managing supply budgets and orders when on the ship(Along with light ship maintenance and her award winning personality), and she’d of course still be trying to get onto the combat teams during those type of events.

Character Equipment:
Combat Equipment: SMG (M-9 Tempest? Any of the smgs really)(Only carried during combat deployments), Riot shield, Tear gas grenades,      Multi-species first-aid kit, Stupid fucking rope, Extra thermal clips(Only carried during combat deployments)
Non-combat Equipment: A hat!

Moral Alignment: (See Chart) Chaotic Evil

Strengths: Just to be clear, she wouldn’t be much stronger/agile/etc. than a human with military training from this, so basically she’d now be on par with the human mercs of the ship. She would be significantly more durable of course though, as her combat role is as a tank- meant to draw fire/attention from the bad-guys to give the crew more breathing room in combat.

Weaknesses: Low damage output, most abilities are non-lethal. Headshots can still kill her- brain still needs to exist under pressurized conditions like Irune. Overload/Sabotage/electrical abilities can mess with her coordination/agility.

Character Backstory a.ka. how or why are you here (One paragraph minimum, be creative!):
One day there was some pregnant volus who had something to do with element zero and then the kid had biotics. Right, now that that garbage is out of the way, on to the good part.

The situation surrounding Druss’ origins is currently meant to be kept unknown for now, for use in some later quest line. What can be said about her however is that she led an average life on Irune, with only a minimal amount of local racist gangs in the area. Having always had a dream in her mind of ‘becoming the first vol spectre’ the military seemed like the best path to her for this lofty goal.
Joining the military as soon as the chance arose, Druss performed admirably enough in a Military Police role to find herself accepted into the ranks of an elite joint-species task force. Having a fair share of issues and conflicts with other species aboard, Druss was eventually given mental help, losing her bigoted opinions, seeing the error in her ways. The lingering insecurity still persisted however, and after one too many ‘unscheduled hallway sparring matches’ with the ship’s crew, she was discharged. Avoiding any legal troubles from the crew, Druss was still dead set on her spectre goal. After applying to several other militaries in C-Space to no avail, Druss wandered around the more law-flexible ends of the galaxy, doing various jobs for mercenary groups of no real interest. After a fateful meeting on omega. Eventually finding her way into the employment of the Yoshida Syndicate, she’d join the crew of the MSV Geisha, handling the ship’s crew supplies.

(Frontier RP begins here)

Several months into her work with the syndicate, the crew, her included, would find their damaged ship held hostage by a rather angry little colony leader they were supposed to resupply. The crew was forced to investigate an element zero mine that had had a strange series of events recently. After being ambushed, several of the crew, Druss included, were captured. The remaining crew fell back form the mines, regrouping and planning over the evening for a second assult on the mines. On the second day, the crew descended down the mine shaft, determined to get back their crew and friends. Fighting through hordes of deranged miners and what appeared to be violent incarnations of their crew, they eventually made their way down to an ancient prothean antechamber. Before them was a strange thing, one that might be more familiarly known OOC as a thorian. Despite tensions running high, a deal was somehow cut and the crew was set free in exchange for sparing the thorian. Druss and the rest of the captured crew would be relatively unharmed from the experience, although Druss did find her biotics becoming slowly unusable in the days after.

The months after were given ample time for reflection and thought- as simple transport jobs gave much in the way of free time. Thinking on ideas past, one old thought had worked it’s way back into her head as she saw the crew fight with several new hires.
Having always had both a fascination of all things science-fiction, and a dislike with the abilities fate had bestowed upon her as a volus, Druss has made the not entirely smart decision to get a full-body augmentation. Leaving herself in financial debt, Druss thought little of it at first, too overjoyed with a literal new perspective on things. So far, any downsides of the irreversible augmentations have either not been revealed to her, or she’s gleefully suppressing her thoughts on them, too excited for her perceived brighter future.

And that's the app! For those curious, here's the PAC I was planning to use.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g6em8lp3z362fsb/20160814031021_1.jpg?dl=0
Back to top Go down
Tiberus

Tiberus

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 7:32 pm

I like the idea Razz +Support
Back to top Go down
Wirlno

Wirlno

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 7:36 pm

Druss 2.0 app Spore_24 Here's my token of approval.
Back to top Go down
[Legion]
Admin
[Legion]

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 10:30 pm

Before I accept or deny this I would like to get the communities input on this. So if you have an opinion feel free to share it. Filter is a good roleplayer and I believe he can pull this off.
Back to top Go down
https://frontierind.rpg-board.net
Filtershakes

Filtershakes

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app EmptySun Aug 14, 2016 11:14 pm

[Legion] wrote:
Before I accept or deny this I would like to get the communities input on this.

The entire point of this- I wouldn't feel comfortable with doing this without the community getting a say in if it goes down or not. so if you have an opinion, i'm all ears! Even if you think it's a terrible idea, please say why! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[Legion]
Admin
[Legion]

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 7:53 pm

Done some thinking.

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
https://frontierind.rpg-board.net
Hank Handsome

Hank Handsome

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app EmptyTue Aug 16, 2016 11:56 pm

I support this. I also support other things. Wait. Do I? MY LIFE IS A LIE!!!!

+SUPPORT
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app EmptyFri Aug 19, 2016 11:15 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Druss 2.0 app Empty
PostSubject: Re: Druss 2.0 app   Druss 2.0 app Empty

Back to top Go down

Druss 2.0 app
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Industries :: No Mans Land :: MERP :: Applications :: Player Apps :: Accepted-
Jump to: