Frontier Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on here...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

[Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Autonomous

Autonomous

[Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration Empty
PostSubject: [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration   [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 10:01 am

So, I've been on the server yesterday. One of the administrators allowed me to build a small laboratory so I could role-play properly as a Salarian scientist - thank you for that!
Now I was walking around the ship and I missed decoration badly. The hangars were filled with decorations but to me and some others it didn't feel fitting. I found out that there are a lot of crew quarters on the map, twelve as I counted. Right now some crew members have a residence in the hangar bays and the recreational area is located in one hangar as well. I went into single-player on the map and decided to decorate it around, see what I could accomplish. So, here goes my suggestion:

This wouldn't be the absolute result, these are examples of what I can  do to the map. If you open the images in a new tab they shouldn't be cut off like they are right now.

The Hangars

The garage.
[Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration 320BE20FB8C2B79521746291F5D14E471091A69C
The garage has two parked M-080 rovers inside. There's a lot of technical equipment here which players can interact with during passive role-play. Additionally this area already makes this ship feel more like a real freighter.

Laboratories & Mining
[Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration 5D35938642113347CDB9D4391DD32BA46C23667C
The laboratories & mining deck are designed for, you guessed it, science and mining. The MSV Geisha is a freighter that collects transports Red Sand; two large mining vehicles are parked and these could be hooked up to devices like the M-080 rovers. Additionally, I could add more mining equipment such as drills, crates and lamps. The second area in this same room are the laboratories. Here, scientists measure the quality of the Red Sand and eventually perform medical tests from samples that belong to sick patients (everyone gets sick in awhile when you keep landing on different planets)

The Crews' Quarters

The Cafetaria
[Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration 0CB01400A713E4C195951770A9F729E580B74129
[Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration 00B65581B021AA4B61B76636CA00284D73E0AED5
Not much changed in the cafetaria; it has been decorated more simplistically and calmer.

The sleeping Quarters
[Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration B5E3E7E950EA351605AE01141EF4F51979865FAD
Sleeping quarters can be used by at least two or eventually more ship crew. (These rooms should be decorated right now according to a regular member, but they are never used.) The standard decoration in each quarter would be the bunk beds. Each room can have one, or maybe even two bunk beds. Seeing how the ship has Twelve rooms, we could house twenty-four players. If each room would have two bunk beds, the entire ship could house forty-eight players.

Why do we need this?
I think we need this because I observed (in various role-play game-modes) that the role-playing environment is extremely important. Having areas like a cargo bay, a garage, laboratories, a medical bay and shared crew quarters drastically improve and increase passive role-play. Aside from that, it even looks cool to have the map set up like this.

Who should implant this?
Myself and Gandhi would implant this idea.

What do we need to accomplish the results as seen in the images?
Easy precision, so I can easily clip props that are too tall into the floor (the bunk beds, for example.)
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration   [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 10:28 am

If it's possible for you to save an advanced dupe of all this, I'd be all for some decoration.

As long as Nutscript doesn't kill itself over it!
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration   [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 10:35 am

Thanks for your reply!

I appreciate it that you're allowing me to help the community out by doing this. If this map has a lot of area portals, I could probably decorate the entire ship; it's a nice (sadly rarely used) feature in the source engine so that if you aren't in an area, nothing in that place is rendered.

Is there a similar command to /staticpropadd in nutscript? Where you can make props appear permanently on the map?

Edit:

Also, like I said; a lot of areas are decorated but myself and a few others feel like it could be decorated in a different manner. Is it fine if the existing props are removed? There are a lot of rooms that are unused that are small enough for arcades and bars.
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration   [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 12:33 pm

We cant use a static command for NS, persay.

We use the persist command in the context menu to save props. Razz

Go ahead and wipe it down, it's best we start fresh on the design.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration   [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration EmptyWed Aug 10, 2016 12:36 pm

Alright, thanks a lot for the opportunity! I have already got PETR flags but I cannot remove props that were already there, can I get help with this later on? Razz
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration   [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration EmptyThu Aug 11, 2016 9:38 am

Love the new look; a little individual customisation from players in specific areas such as sleeping quarters and the such would be nice but you've put in a lot more detail than before, and detail really helps in passive RP hugely, and RP in general now I think about it.
We're having a map change/event for a week on Saturday, so I doubt there's much point doing this all now. I'd leave it for once the event is over and we return to Geisha RP.
Great work, Auto <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration   [Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration Empty

Back to top Go down

[Suggestion] MSV Geisha Decoration
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Industries :: No Mans Land :: MERP :: Server Stuff :: All Other Old MERP stuff-
Jump to: