Frontier Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on here...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Mycenae- Colony

Go down 
+2
Filtershakes
SavingPrivateGandhi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

New Mycenae- Colony Empty
PostSubject: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 6:56 pm

Objective:
The Geisha and its crew has been offered work as mercenary protection for the colony of New Mycenae on the planet Therum, Knossos system, Artemis Tau cluster. It is a mining colony loyal to the Yoshida Syndicate, and has recently come under frequent attack due to varren infestations and scavenger/raider intrusions. For the next week or so(IRL), the crew of the Geisha is to run patrols and deal with any threats available; with any force necessary. When they are off duty, the crew can live in the colony and take use of its daily life.
Initially, the crew should set up a defensive perimeter and arm up for regular combat situations, as well as acquainting itself with the colony and its dwellers.
The crew should focus on trying to quell the varren infestation by locating the hotspots or nests of varren activity and exterminating varren alphas and populations in general.
It should also try and seek out scavenger/raider camps and raze them to the ground, showing little mercy in order to cease that threat also, although the officers of the Geisha may take a different route to violence.
Once the mercenary work is completed, the Geisha will be rewarded and it is free to continue its original routine.

Map:
rp_merp_nehari_b3.vmf
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=428832077&searchtext=mass+effect

Event Type:
Mainly passive RP in an entirely new setting, rife with pockets of combat RP. There will be two main subevents in it when attacking the varren and raider hotspots.

Information for players:

After receiving news that the Geisha will be providing mercenary work for a colony, the crew will be expected to arm up individually, although the armoury will be available. When the Geisha initially docks, a vanguard squad of muscle troops will exit first to asses the situation, before the officers move down and debrief with the locals. The officers will then give orders to the rest of the crew, who will exit the docked Geisha and follow their duties. Medical and research staff will be expected to run the local clinic and help mining research as well as act as field medics, due to the large amount of casualties expected from the fighting; they will have a hard job to do. Engineering staff will set about repairing the colony and setting up the defences(given permission to use phys and tool gun if possible). The muscle troops will run patrols and the perimeter. They will be separated into three groups in such a manner under a leader each.
The crew can expect individual bonuses in credit as well as personal rewards from the colony for certain acts of aid, for instance if an engineer was to repair the water supply.

Shoguns Information:
The syndicate was very pushy when giving the orders to the Geisha: clearly this colony is important to it. Perhaps it has a secret, or perhaps it is the home-colony to a high ranking syndicate official, it's hard to tell. However it is certain the rewards are great and this mission would boost the Geisha's renown amongst the syndicate. Also, the colony is in a dire time, and many recruits would be available in order to escape the harsh mining life onto the Geisha, so there is personal gain there.

Music:
Anything with a western/cowboy vibe I reckon.
Also:      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71ubKHzujy8
Because it's a fucking tune x
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBgp5aDH23g

Last edited by SavingPrivateGandhi on Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Filtershakes

Filtershakes

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 11:20 pm

I like it a lot! Not the usual 'drop down to place for an hour or two, investigate thing then combat then story then leave' type of setup. Only one small issue . . . the map you're suggesting is an earlier version of this map (not to mention much smaller) and both have basically the same colony layout:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709505643

We've already done an event on there technically(were you there for that?), but going back to it would be kinda cool imo. Personally i'm more a fan of these types of 'events' where it's multi-day and there's a chance to just be in a new space instead of being rushed along a quick two-hour combat rush and never getting a chance to stop and smell the roses as it were.

Also, side note, we have no officers iirc. Just a captain, and all the not-captains.
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 7:25 am

Filtershakes wrote:
I like it a lot! Not the usual 'drop down to place for an hour or two, investigate thing then combat then story then leave' type of setup. Only one small issue . . . the map you're suggesting is an earlier version of this map (not to mention much smaller) and both have basically the same colony layout:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=709505643

We've already done an event on there technically(were you there for that?), but going back to it would be kinda cool imo. Personally i'm more a fan of these types of 'events' where it's multi-day and there's a chance to just be in a new space instead of being rushed along a quick two-hour combat rush and never getting a chance to stop and smell the roses as it were.

Also, side note, we have no officers iirc. Just a captain, and all the not-captains.

I'll look for a new map, and no sorry I wasn't there for the event. I'm sure there are other maps that are similar. I also appreciate that kind of event; it makes for more immersion where you can really interact with the map and the new character than come with it.
I'm sure the officer problem can be addressed when the event was to come to plan IC. When I mentioned the three teams, I assumed each team would be assigned a leader; perhaps a veteran in that specific field. For instance, the med team would have a leader who was the most experienced surgeon, doctor or researcher. The muscle team would have a leader who has had experience leading before, perhaps a seasoned veteran from a military. The tech team would be led by the chief engineer. These are just some examples. Maybe the captain would assign officers himself.
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 9:01 am

This map could work:
rp_zccolony_v1
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=210812620&searchtext=zeta+colony
Back to top Go down
Filtershakes

Filtershakes

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 10:11 am

Weeeeell, i'd be up for using the snowblind2 map- but it's your event. Was just saying there's an improved version of the nehari map.
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 10:30 am

My bad lol, I'm cool with whatever map dud
Back to top Go down
BillCosby

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 11:48 am

I've always wanted an event like this on merp. I can't support this more. +
Back to top Go down
Wirlno

Wirlno

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 12:32 pm

+Let's have it, pepes.
Back to top Go down
Arglack

Arglack

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 1:07 pm

Hey that's pretty gooooood
Back to top Go down
Tiberus

Tiberus

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 5:30 pm

+Support
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Mycenae- Colony   New Mycenae- Colony Empty

Back to top Go down

New Mycenae- Colony
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Industries :: No Mans Land :: MERP :: Applications :: Event Applications-
Jump to: