Frontier Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on here...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spice Things Up

Go down 
+5
Autonomous
Arglack
Humpy
SavingPrivateGandhi
Tiberus
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xenoxia

Spice Things Up - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:15 am

SavingPrivateGandhi wrote:
Xenoxia wrote:
Humpy wrote:
What other people want is not our concern, we'll begin to improve on what we need to do. Currently, we're all busy and wi th rather selective motivations.

We'll be back to normal eventually. ^^

That's a very VERY stubborn way to think when you're running a server. What other people want/think should be a very high concern, specially when it's those people who are our population and players. Having people who don't like the server is inevitable, having people who want something you can't provide is also a problem; but ignoring people is not the way to go. Because saying that  what these people want is not your concern, is a quick way to be hated and having said people not want to join; and also others who may be dissuaded by the people who don't want to join.

His server, his money, he can do what he wants

But it's not Humpy's server? It's Legions? I mean sure, he's currently Owner 2; but he still shouldn't just ignore what people may want. Doing that is an even quicker way for the server to lose population, listening to what people want is a simple practice that any successful server, business, government etc; uses.

If anything, he's just stating that the server is a dictatorship; and people don't like that. Even more, I've been part of servers before that have ran this route and it's never ended well.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 11:37 am

If this server is a playground for one person, then don't bother staying here. If the owners are not willing to meet the wishes of other players, then this community won't last.

I've led various staff teams during my time on Garry's Mod and I learned that if the owners don't want to consider and make use of the players' wishes, that the server's existance won't be long. It just works like that because in time everyone has joined and learned that this or that server doesn't care about them.

If players don't join for a couple of days then thats their choice. If the staff rather plays on a different Mass Effect role-play server, then they should ask themselves what they're doing here.

TL;DR
The players are asking for something to keep them interested in the server. If you want these regular players to stay on this community, just give them what they want.
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 1:49 pm

Exactly, thank you Autonomous.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:58 pm

I'm the new guy, I don't feel like I need to speak for the regulars (because I really shouldn't.)
Back to top Go down
Arglack

Arglack

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 6:59 pm

If I didn't have to handle things ALONE, i would love some help, sorry guys, it's just being hard to keep control of everything, i'm trying
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:03 pm

I'm quite sure a lot of players want to help. If not:

*Autonomous raises his hand.*
Back to top Go down
Arglack

Arglack

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:12 pm

Players do, I know that, but as a staff, i meant.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:17 pm

Being part of the staff is always going to be difficult, but when everyone gave up or didn't show up, I decided to turn things around like how everyone always wanted. If you're in that position, fullfill your operator rank and make sure that everyone is in-line in a way they like it. If you shouldn't, your superiors will tell you not to.

Anyway lets think of solutions, its not my right to point people the way.
Back to top Go down
Tiberus

Tiberus

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:21 pm

I'm noy directing this post to anyone specifically, it was for everyone in general, so I'm not saying it's not a good job; but I just want to play the server without wandering around alone or talking with one or two others that share the same thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 7:37 pm

I think you're mistaking what I said.

When I said, "what people want", is not simply, "lol fuk u guys we wont do wat u want".

I meant more in regards towards the fact everyone drifts from server to server when interest fades out. What I said was simply, "we can't change everything solely because people demand it". We want to keep going with an idea until we're out of our stubborn phase.

And to be fair, I don't care much for what people find more appealing or not, we still have people that love this core idea and want it to get back on track, as we will try to do.

If people want to help, you get on, you annoy the admins until they pay attention. Even if we're sick of doing it, if we see enough players wanting to do it, then we'll get into a much more better mindset. Just currently, we're not very happy with things. And I'm not going to shy away from what I said, I really honestly do not care.

But I will start caring the more I start seeing activity improve.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:05 am

Humpy wrote:
I think you're mistaking what I said.

When I said, "what people want", is not simply, "lol fuk u guys we wont do wat u want".

I meant more in regards towards the fact everyone drifts from server to server when interest fades out. What I said was simply, "we can't change everything solely because people demand it". We want to keep going with an idea until we're out of our stubborn phase.

And to be fair, I don't care much for what people find more appealing or not, we still have people that love this core idea and want it to get back on track, as we will try to do.

If people want to help, you get on, you annoy the admins until they pay attention. Even if we're sick of doing it, if we see enough players wanting to do it, then we'll get into a much more better mindset. Just currently, we're not very happy with things. And I'm not going to shy away from what I said, I really honestly do not care.

But I will start caring the more I start seeing activity improve.

So the players are responsible for the staff teams' mindset?
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 9:58 am

Autonomous wrote:

So the players are responsible for the staff teams' mindset?

To be fair, a slice of the player base did cause a issues with us here and there, so realistically, that would be true.

But our mindset isn't solely set because of players. In regards to Arglack, pinning his mindset changing because of how he's been treated by the community, blaming the players for his mindset would be honestly more towards the truth.

Myself, I don't hold anyone accountable. Issue with our staff, is that we have a lack of communication going on for what we have to do next. Legion hasn't been too great on responding to people much either, and half of us are getting way too busy to do anything to get things done.

To be honest? I'd mostly pin the staff down for the mindset. We're more grateful for the people, like yourself, that chose to remain. Yet it's still upsetting to us, we're all feeling as if we aren't going to be able to give the players what they need.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:08 am

A while ago I was the head administrator of a HL2RP server. An administrator was pissed and told me that he'd leave if nothing was going to be changed, at this point the owners rarely joined the server. So I got the staff team together and said “Lets do this: we'll keep events, we'll listen to what the players would like to see and add it in if its reasonable, we'll look at how the map is decorated and since all of you are faction leaders, we'll overhaul some things.” It worked; we got more players than ever because of everyone's input. It shouldn't be staff & players, it should be a team alltogether where the staff just makes sure that no one breaks any rules and that everyone is satisfied.
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:13 am

Autonomous wrote:
A while ago I was the head administrator of a HL2RP server. An administrator was pissed and told me that he'd leave if nothing was going to be changed, at this point the owners rarely joined the server. So I got the staff team together and said “Lets do this: we'll keep events, we'll listen to what the players would like to see and add it in if its reasonable, we'll look at how the map is decorated and since all of you are faction leaders, we'll overhaul some things.” It worked; we got more players than ever because of everyone's input. It shouldn't be staff & players, it should be a team alltogether where the staff just makes sure that no one breaks any rules and that everyone is satisfied.

I like you, I like you a lot.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 10:18 am

I want to help, I'm sure others want to help too. But we need the staff on our side. And we need to be on the staffs' side.

Correct me if I'm wrong; I haven't joined the server yet but I can tell there's a slight staff vs players going on while the regular members and staff should be on the same line. You all have the same thing in common; you regularly play on Frontier Induestries servers, but the difference is that the staff voluntarily keeps minges at distance and help resolve problems.

Xenoxia wrote:

I like you, I like you a lot.
I haven't been on the server yet but a lot of you guys are great here on the forums so I myself am not really worried about any disappointments. That's a good thing ;D
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Staff Vs Players came out of severe overreaction from a mostly pathetic response.

There isn't much of one now, all we wish to do is get what people want done and get everything back on track. All we don't want is players getting lazy and not giving their input more often.
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 08, 2016 5:05 pm

Tiberus this has blown out of proportion ;-;

Communication between staff is paramount, but I'm sure this is just a slight rough patch; let's not point fingers and instead just log on and get our heads down RPing. The more we dawdle on forum posts such as this, the more drama is caused and the more time is wasted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Spice Things Up
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2