Frontier Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on here...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spice Things Up

Go down 
+5
Autonomous
Arglack
Humpy
SavingPrivateGandhi
Tiberus
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tiberus

Tiberus

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 4:00 pm

Server's been kinda dead lately, we need something to spice things up <3
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 4:06 pm

Yeah what is the staff doing on other MERP servers... Come back pls I'm all alone xx
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 5:09 pm

We're disorganised with life things and lack of motivation rife with the bunch of us.

Plus we'd like more appreciation for what we've been doing. kthxbi <3
Back to top Go down
Tiberus

Tiberus

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 5:17 pm

I meant we need people to be on here to do stuff lol, not saying staff isn't doing good. It was directed toward the players that aren't playing.
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 6:59 pm

Yeah, the players need to pick their shit together if they consider themselves regular.
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyThu Aug 04, 2016 8:22 pm

we can spice it up.

everyone gets cancer.
Back to top Go down
Arglack

Arglack

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 1:41 am

Humpy, stop being demotivational.

I'm doing the best I can, so, help me spice things up here.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:49 am

I can try to help spice the map up if there's a similar /staticpropadd command in Nutscript like in Clockwork.
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 9:16 am

I'll show you my 'erbs and spices
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 12:58 pm

Arglack wrote:
Humpy, stop being demotivational.

I'm doing the best I can, so, help me spice things up here.

I'm making a joke. Razz

We'll have to think of something!
Back to top Go down
Wirlno

Wirlno

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm going to try to keep a continuous playtime on the MERP for the time being, at least when I can get on, as a means to occasionally lure people back in. I don't expect pitch perfect results, but it's currently the least I'm able to do right now.
If no one comes within the span of say...a month, I'll likely forgo it. But as for now, you can expect me on there.

Let's hope things get in running order right quick.
Back to top Go down
Filtershakes

Filtershakes

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 4:22 pm

I'll try to hop on more, but most of my free time has been spent trying to relax, or working on an expensive map commission for another server. Still, making your own little stories to be told is always very good!

Also, side note. Vil is gayest purple turian- I must find some way to drag his butt onto the ship and out-gay Tiberius.
Back to top Go down
Tiberus

Tiberus

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 5:34 pm

I highly doubt that side note, m8
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 6:00 pm

What's actually the exact problem going on? I won't be coming on until Tuesday evening GMT +1.
Back to top Go down
Tiberus

Tiberus

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 6:09 pm

The problem is that the server's had a really low player pop recently, like maybe three to four players all day for the past two or three days and we don't want the server to die.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 6:14 pm

Well, that would sound only logical considering the fact that the server isn't exactly public, because you need to apply first.

Edit:
Wouldn't advertising the community be crucial for it's survival?
Back to top Go down
Tiberus

Tiberus

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 8:39 pm

Yeah, so far I've gotten both of my closest friends to apply.
Back to top Go down
Wirlno

Wirlno

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptyFri Aug 05, 2016 9:10 pm

Autonomous wrote:
Well, that would sound only logical considering the fact that the server isn't exactly public, because you need to apply first.

Edit:
Wouldn't advertising the community be crucial for it's survival?

Not too sure on the implications of suddenly having it released to the public, but on the other hand....you know, things just MIGHT spruce back up a little.
You never know with these things, might be worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
Autonomous

Autonomous

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 8:53 am

Wirlno wrote:

Not too sure on the implications of suddenly having it released to the public, but on the other hand....you know, things just MIGHT spruce back up a little.

Oh I wasn't implying that the server should be released to the public, I believe that its a good thing to make players put effort in an application before coming here first. But wouldn't it be better if this server would advertise on Youtube through trailers? Or perhaps co-operate with other servers? Let me clarify this;

The server is set in the Mass Effect universe. We play as criminals who are part of a large criminal organization. In Mass Effect, there are multiple factions. Why don't we have events together with other communities who have similar playstyles to ours? Or why don't we make it so players can choose to be part of a different faction? In Mass Effect we have the Blue Suns, Eclipse, Blood Pack and Talons. I think it would be nice to utilize this and give players more freedom, additionally players could wear team armor like in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.

I've yet to play on the server, but I was hoping to atmospheres like this:
Spice Things Up 4B707E3109B0F21BEFB06CABF1BBE352B8991E99
I know it may seem vague but it should display this typical Mass Effect thing going on; a mercenary or scavenger faction that's stealing/recovering stuff from an abandoned planet. What I loved in Mass Effect was the mission UNC: Espionage Probe where you needed to enter an abandoned mine on Feros to disarm an old Aliance warhead integrated into an espionage probe. Once you succeeded you had to go outside and make your way to a small camp located outside the mine (this is what made me crave for Mass Effect role-play.) It would be nice to choose what team you'd be on, and maybe even if you'd be planetside or not (would require two servers though.)
Back to top Go down
Crystallized0Rose

Crystallized0Rose

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 11:03 am

I really...

REALLY wish people would stop trying to claim that the server is dead/dying just because of a low population count.  It's getting to the point where it's one of the things that genuinely annoys the heck out of me.

The population will wayne, guys.  Don't discount the server just because it's been a few days or a few weeks.  When it's been months of 0-player count?  Months without a single new character application?  Months without any major events?  THEN we can talk server death.

Until then, please stop trying to perpetuate the idea that the server needs to constantly have 10+ players online 24/7.  It doesn't.  That's just not feasible considering this is a private server on which you may need to wait up to a week for your app to be reviewed.  Life happens, like with me and being in Britainland for two and a half weeks or Arglack's LOA, and especially Legion's own month-long hiatus. Yeah, it kinda sucks that all these things happened in such close proximity to one another, but guys, please understand...life happens and life takes priority.
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Yeah guys, not to mention that currently the new Fallout 2 RP server came about that Piano made. Which has kind of stolen a few of our normal players at the moment (I checked the server listing and who's been playing it.) But yeah, as with every new thing; sometimes other things slow down and I'm sure you can all remember that one game you and all your friends used to play until a new game came out and you all went to play that; only to come back to the other game after you lost the hype.

So yeah, It'll all smooth back over soon; trust me.
Back to top Go down
Humpy
Admin
Humpy

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 8:44 pm

What other people want is not our concern, we'll begin to improve on what we need to do. Currently, we're all busy and wi th rather selective motivations.

We'll be back to normal eventually. ^^
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptySat Aug 06, 2016 9:12 pm

Autonomous wrote:
Wirlno wrote:

Oh I wasn't implying that the server should be released to the public, I believe that its a good thing to make players put effort in an application before coming here first. But wouldn't it be better if this server would advertise on Youtube through trailers? Or perhaps co-operate with other servers? Let me clarify this;

The server is set in the Mass Effect universe. We play as criminals who are part of a large criminal organization. In Mass Effect, there are multiple factions. Why don't we have events together with other communities who have similar playstyles to ours? Or why don't we make it so players can choose to be part of a different faction? In Mass Effect we have the Blue Suns, Eclipse, Blood Pack and Talons. I think it would be nice to utilize this and give players more freedom, additionally players could wear team armor like in Mass Effect and Mass Effect 2.

I've yet to play on the server, but I was hoping to atmospheres like this:
Spice Things Up 4B707E3109B0F21BEFB06CABF1BBE352B8991E99
I know it may seem vague but it should display this typical Mass Effect thing going on; a mercenary or scavenger faction that's stealing/recovering stuff from an abandoned planet. What I loved in Mass Effect was the mission UNC: Espionage Probe where you needed to enter an abandoned mine on Feros to disarm an old Aliance warhead integrated into an espionage probe. Once you succeeded you had to go outside and make your way to a small camp located outside the mine (this is what made me crave for Mass Effect role-play.) It would be nice to choose what team you'd be on, and maybe even if you'd be planetside or not (would require two servers though.)

I remember discussing that idea with you(the youtube one)
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 12:07 am

Humpy wrote:
What other people want is not our concern, we'll begin to improve on what we need to do. Currently, we're all busy and wi th rather selective motivations.

That's a very VERY stubborn way to think when you're running a server. What other people want/think should be a very high concern, specially when it's those people who are our population and players. Having people who don't like the server is inevitable, having people who want something you can't provide is also a problem; but ignoring people is not the way to go. Because saying that what these people want is not your concern, is a quick way to be hated and having said people not want to join; and also others who may be dissuaded by the people who don't want to join.
Back to top Go down
SavingPrivateGandhi

SavingPrivateGandhi

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up EmptySun Aug 07, 2016 8:24 am

Xenoxia wrote:
Humpy wrote:

That's a very VERY stubborn way to think when you're running a server. What other people want/think should be a very high concern, specially when it's those people who are our population and players. Having people who don't like the server is inevitable, having people who want something you can't provide is also a problem; but ignoring people is not the way to go. Because saying that  what these people want is not your concern, is a quick way to be hated and having said people not want to join; and also others who may be dissuaded by the people who don't want to join.

His server, his money, he can do what he wants
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spice Things Up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spice Things Up   Spice Things Up Empty

Back to top Go down

Spice Things Up
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next