Frontier Industries
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats going on here...

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

**Please read!** Workshop File Issue.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Filtershakes

Filtershakes

**Please read!** Workshop File Issue. Empty
PostSubject: **Please read!** Workshop File Issue.   **Please read!** Workshop File Issue. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 1:01 am

We need you to unsubscribe from any EUPRP content you may have, as it may have a future security risk. Deleting the current file from your hard drive is not necessary(But is still ok to do), only unsubscribing from the content via the workshop is required.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=571813266

We know it's limited to that one file, thanks to an anonymous tip. We don't want to put any of our community members at risk so please unsubscribe immediately.
Back to top Go down
Xenoxia

**Please read!** Workshop File Issue. Empty
PostSubject: Re: **Please read!** Workshop File Issue.   **Please read!** Workshop File Issue. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2016 2:50 am

Too bad for them that it's on the workshop and it's a public file, if they were to update it with a virus and cause issues to peoples computers; then it would also update it for their own community and give them the virus also. Not to mention this is  illegal, against steams TOS and also as far as I'm certain pretty darn impossible to do, the only thing that a workshop file can include is Lua, models and materials; things like most text files and DLL's and other such that you'd put into a file to create a virus are not allowed to be uploaded into a workshop file.

Personally, I think they are just saying a crackload of shit; and if you need that content then it doesn't stop you from just extracting the addon and placing it onto a fileserver for others to download.

But sure, better safe than sorry I suppose.
Back to top Go down

**Please read!** Workshop File Issue.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Industries :: No Mans Land :: MERP :: Server Stuff :: Information-
Jump to: