Whats going on here...
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 KiloSE7EN and Arglack

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Xenoxia



Posts : 55
Join date : 2016-05-12

PostSubject: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:16 pm

KiloSE7EN wrote:
Xenoxia wrote:
That's not even funny, that's just stupid.

Considering frontier has this - http://frontierind.forumotion.net/t155-we-re-dying

And Singularity is being reborn and is getting quite a bit of attention (Even though I wish it wasn't), you can't exactly call Singularity 'Dead' when Frontier's server is currently in about the same position; if not worse.

The current state of this server has been noted. This isn't the right place to discuss it, so please refrain or take it to the appropriate board. This board is for 'funny server quotes'. If you don't think a particular quote is funny, you may move on without comment; it certainly doesn't invite you to be rude. Thanks.

Arglack wrote:
Xenoxia wrote:
Crystallized0Rose wrote:
**Urstarth Tei leans against the dead server.
**you mean singularity?
**Too soon.
**kek

That's not even funny, that's just stupid.

Considering frontier has this - http://frontierind.forumotion.net/t155-we-re-dying

And Singularity is being reborn and is getting quite a bit of attention (Even though I wish it wasn't), you can't exactly call Singularity 'Dead' when Frontier's server is currently in about the same position; if not worse.

Xenoxia, can you write something that is not salt or anything for once? Jeus Christ, if you want to say something, say something good.

I wasn't trying to be salty or rude, if that's what you were thinking I was doing by any means. I was simply telling the truth and I would have had said the same thing to anyone from Singularity if they were saying that Frontier is dead and vice versa as shown. Both servers are in a loop of death/alive and everything that's going on with both servers is not good for either server, and making jokes about either server is inappropriate also.

I mean/meant no offence to anyone, other than cleaning up the fact that I found the joke distasteful. I'm sorry for having an opinion on something. But it's simply the truth right now that both severs are literally going through a state where they are both trying to revive itself and come up with new ideas and even though right now I don't know if I want to be part of either of them; I wish both Legion and Piano good luck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Humpy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2016-04-20

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:02 pm

Not much to input, but as best as I can put it.

If no one wants to invest the time to help us out, even with our schedules IRL, then there isn't much of an argument outside of people either just being too lazy to bother, or just have no interest. Instead of salting it up and giving people an attitude, perhaps suggest us some ideas to perhaps reinvigorate the community and attempt to give us an idea of what to do.

Or perhaps bring people with you.

All up to you, we don't care if you leave or not. If you don't want to be a part of it, that's your choice in the end. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[KiloSE7EN]

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2016-04-20
Age : 26
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:23 pm

First of all, I appreciate you taking your concerns to a new board. I understand that the post offended you.

Saying something is "stupid" is always tactless and it would have been more appropriate to discuss it privately with the poster rather than shaming them publicly. Or perhaps finding a different word to use that wasn't so harsh. Blatantly commenting that what someone thought was funny is "stupid" is rude, and whether your intention or not, if you honestly didn't expect anyone to acknowledge that then I will admit that I am surprised.

I wish you the best of luck wherever you end up, Xenoxia.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xenoxia



Posts : 55
Join date : 2016-05-12

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:23 pm

Humpy wrote:
Not much to input, but as best as I can put it.

If no one wants to invest the time to help us out, even with our schedules IRL, then there isn't much of an argument outside of people either just being too lazy to bother, or just have no interest. Instead of salting it up and giving people an attitude, perhaps suggest us some ideas to perhaps reinvigorate the community and attempt to give us an idea of what to do.

Or perhaps bring people with you.

All up to you, we don't care if you leave or not. If you don't want to be a part of it, that's your choice in the end. Razz

I don't see how what anything you said has anything to do with anything I said at all. I don't have the time to invest because I'm busy with things IRL and I'm on the fence about a lot of things, so I've been keeping up with the forums to see what's been happening. I'm not 'Salting it up' or giving people attitude and I'd love to see where in anything I wrote that I'm trying to be salty or give people attitude?

Again, this thread wasn't made because of me 'Leaving or not' so I don't see why that was even brought up. Nothing you said has any relevance to the reason I made this thread. I made this thread because people were actively bashing a community.

KiloSE7EN wrote:
First of all, I appreciate you taking your concerns to a new board. I understand that the post offended you.

Saying something is "stupid" is always tactless and it would have been more appropriate to discuss it privately with the poster rather than shaming them publicly. Or perhaps finding a different word to use that wasn't so harsh. Blatantly commenting that what someone thought was funny is "stupid" is rude, and whether your intention or not, if you honestly didn't expect anyone to acknowledge that then I will admit that I am surprised.

I wish you the best of luck wherever you end up, Xenoxia.

And saying that a server is dead is also just as tactless, I don't see how the word 'Stupid' was in any way harsh. I could have said plenty harsher words than that, I can assure you; 'Stupid' is very much tame. The fact that someone could get so upset over a word like that as if I'd called them 'Retarded' astounds me.

It's not that I didn't expect anyone to acknowledge it, but the pure fact that half of you say bad things about certain things and get upset when someone else says bad things about something else; now THAT'S the surprising part.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[KiloSE7EN]

avatar

Posts : 27
Join date : 2016-04-20
Age : 26
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:31 pm

Xenoxia wrote:

And saying that a server is dead is also just as tactless, I don't see how the word 'Stupid' was in any way harsh. I could have said plenty harsher words than that, I can assure you; 'Stupid' is very much tame. The fact that someone could get so upset over a word like that as if I'd called them 'Retarded' astounds me.

It's not that I didn't expect anyone to acknowledge it, but the pure fact that half of you say bad things about certain things and get upset when someone else says bad things about something else; now THAT'S the surprising part.

I agree with you that calling a server dead can be upsetting. However, you do not get to pick and choose when you are against it or for it; afterall, you have called both servers dead indirectly and acknowledged that both are going through periods of staleness and growth. As do all servers at some point or another. So what the issue is to me is that you chose to get so offended by Rose's post that you decided to start an argument about it.

Based on your forum history, I'd say you like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I won't give you that satisfaction.

Have a great rest of your day.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crystallized0Rose

avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-05-11
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:36 pm

Xenoxia wrote:
I wasn't trying to be salty or rude, if that's what you were thinking I was doing by any means. I was simply telling the truth...  Both servers are in a loop of death/alive and everything that's going on with both servers is not good for either server, and making jokes about either server is inappropriate also.

A truth that you are perpetuating by posting topics claiming it as being true and by posting in topics that do not pertain to it at all.  It may be hard to realize but spreading that kind of propaganda only makes the situation worse.  You seem to forget that a huge majority of this community came from Singularity, and they partook in the downward spiral of the server and they remember it quite well.  Even if you do not intend to come off as rude or salty, you are by constantly complaining about it and not providing any useful input.

I'm sorry, but complaints are just that.  Complaints.  If you've got some solutions, feel free to share them--I'll personally make sure that the admin team listens to them.  But if you don't, you've said your piece several times over now and we've all heard it.

As far as the joke goes, it was just that.  A joke.  Irrelevant and unimportant and a jest made for fun.  If you want evidence that there was some sympathy made within that joke, look at the third line--"Too soon."  I apologize if it offended you, because I understand where you're coming from, but if we don't have a tough enough skin to move on we may never get a functional server again.


Xenoxia wrote:
I'm sorry for having an opinion on something.

Please don't be sorry about that, but understand that you expressing your opinion means that others can criticize your opinion.

And understand that a predominantly negative opinion and negative expression of that opinion is going to result in negative feedback.


Xenoxia wrote:
But it's simply the truth right now that both severs are literally going through a state where they are both trying to revive itself and come up with new ideas and even though right now I don't know if I want to be part of either of them; I wish both Legion and Piano good luck.

I do not want to turn you away from Frontier or Singularity.  I want you to stay, but more importantly I want you to enjoy yourself; if that means that you have to leave, then you're free to leave.  

But for some reason you're still here.  I still find you on the forums, if not at any time on the server.  That gives me the impression that you want things to improve here, but if this is your way of helping I'm afraid it's extremely counterproductive.  Nothing is going to come of constant complaining except annoyance by the admin team and probably a portion of the community you're trying to help.  As I said before, if you have some constructive criticism, some suggestions that you want to posit or if you have more specific complaints than, "The server is dying!" please come forward with them.



I find it funny that the people I've seen on the server most often lately have been the new guys; Reaper, Lynx and the like.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Legion]
Admin
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2016-04-20

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:42 pm


Best of luck! Feel free to come back at any time.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frontierind.forumotion.net
Xenoxia



Posts : 55
Join date : 2016-05-12

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:45 pm

KiloSE7EN wrote:
Xenoxia wrote:

And saying that a server is dead is also just as tactless, I don't see how the word 'Stupid' was in any way harsh. I could have said plenty harsher words than that, I can assure you; 'Stupid' is very much tame. The fact that someone could get so upset over a word like that as if I'd called them 'Retarded' astounds me.

It's not that I didn't expect anyone to acknowledge it, but the pure fact that half of you say bad things about certain things and get upset when someone else says bad things about something else; now THAT'S the surprising part.

I agree with you that calling a server dead can be upsetting. However, you do not get to pick and choose when you are against it or for it; afterall, you have called both servers dead indirectly and acknowledged that both are going through periods of staleness and growth. As do all servers at some point or another. So what the issue is to me is that you chose to get so offended by Rose's post that you decided to start an argument about it.

Based on your forum history, I'd say you like to argue just for the sake of arguing. I won't give you that satisfaction.

Have a great rest of your day.

If that's how you feel, then that's how you feel man. Have fun.

To Crystallized0Rose however -

I don't want to leave, but I also am not sure if I want to stay. I've been let down by both servers, but I've also had fun on both as well. Yeah, I've said both are dead; but I also mentioned their alive state. Both are going through weird things that I'm not sure if I /want/ to commit to either one.

I don't have any specific complaints and I'm not exactly going around yelling "The server is dying!", but more trying to be a realist and state that both servers are in a state of limbo.

Again, I wish both servers the best; I'm upset with how the turn of events has put both Frontier and Singularity against each other again. I'll probably return to frontier in a time that I can actually partake and want to partake, otherwise I'd be on the server now; but I know my RP would be awful, uninspired and probably depressing to most at the moment.

Again to Legion -

This thread wasn't made to say I was leaving.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Crystallized0Rose

avatar

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-05-11
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 6:58 pm

Xenoxia wrote:
I don't want to leave, but I also am not sure if I want to stay. I've been let down by both servers, but I've also had fun on both as well.

Surely you're able to articulate exactly how the servers have let you down? Has it been the population? The attitude of the admins? The lack of events? The lack of community communication or involvement? Perhaps a lack of your input being felt in the community?

Let's flip this. What parts have been the most fun for you? What have you liked about both Frontier and Singularity? Perhaps that is what is lacking now?


Xenoxia wrote:
...I'm upset with how the turn of events has put both Frontier and Singularity against each other again.

Again, this is very vague. What turn of events, precisely? I can guess, but I want us to be on the same page and pulling from the same well of assumptions. What events are you talking about, and what makes you think Singularity and Frontier are going against each other?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xenoxia



Posts : 55
Join date : 2016-05-12

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:07 pm

Well, Singularity let me down because of how abrupt it ended and because of where it's going now. Frontier let me down because I found the events to be lacking, the start up event was nothing more than changing map and grabbing a few boxes; no one was really involved in it.

What I found fun about Singularity was its setting and how people were mostly treated as friends, while on Frontier a lot of people have ended up having nothing but fights or trying to kill each other. But maybe that's just what I've seen myself.

The turn of events being that Piano came to Frontier and staffed it, then ultimately left to start up his own venture again and took players with him; as well as an operator/admin. To be honest I don't exactly want to blame all of this on one person, but if I had to; I'd blame it on Piano.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Humpy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2016-04-20

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:19 pm

Xenoxia wrote:
Humpy wrote:
Not much to input, but as best as I can put it.

If no one wants to invest the time to help us out, even with our schedules IRL, then there isn't much of an argument outside of people either just being too lazy to bother, or just have no interest. Instead of salting it up and giving people an attitude, perhaps suggest us some ideas to perhaps reinvigorate the community and attempt to give us an idea of what to do.

Or perhaps bring people with you.

All up to you, we don't care if you leave or not. If you don't want to be a part of it, that's your choice in the end. Razz

I don't see how what anything you said has anything to do with anything I said at all. I don't have the time to invest because I'm busy with things IRL and I'm on the fence about a lot of things, so I've been keeping up with the forums to see what's been happening. I'm not 'Salting it up' or giving people attitude and I'd love to see where in anything I wrote that I'm trying to be salty or give people attitude?

Again, this thread wasn't made because of me 'Leaving or not' so I don't see why that was even brought up. Nothing you said has any relevance to the reason I made this thread. I made this thread because people were actively bashing a community.

It's in direct reference to your first points, and in a way an overall message.

Your attitude is clearly showing my points, either you're unsatisfied with our methods, or you're unwilling to offer input due to other reasons, which would obviously be what's been said already. I wouldn't point fingers at Piano, I'd simply just say people lack an attention span, or any ability to try and improve something, but will simply chase after the next big thing like a pack of sheep. As is the same with Singularity.

All I'm saying is that simply the problem is just attitude. People are getting too salty with each other, all I'd want is so cooperation here and there, and not having to come to this when it comes to silly comments. Not accusing you for being an asshole for having your own opinion, but keep in consideration that's what people will assume from first impressions when reading your comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xenoxia



Posts : 55
Join date : 2016-05-12

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:07 pm

Okay, though I could say the same about your comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Humpy
Admin
avatar

Posts : 50
Join date : 2016-04-20

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sun Jun 05, 2016 8:32 pm

And that's the point.

Everyone sounds like an ass, even if they don't intend to. No bad feelings provoked or pushed upon you, it's just the way it's worded that makes it sound like it does.

We take opinions into consideration, and you're fully entitled to your own. People will object to it if it seems silly to them, just as much as you. We have no problem with you bringing to the light, if you want to discuss it.

All we simply want is people to put in their best to try and keep things flowing, so which is why I continually ask that you either put in your input, or don't. It's entirely up to you, or whoever is in the same circumstance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xenoxia



Posts : 55
Join date : 2016-05-12

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Well that's the thing, I didn't make this thread to put input on the server; it was made purely because of the joke and to defend myself when people mentioned I was acting 'salty' and 'rude' (When the same could be said to them.). The input on the server came after when everyone else decided to bring it up and then ask for me to elaborate something.

If anything, depending on the way you look at things; everyone could be seen as acting 'salty' and 'rude'. Much like how some might see what's happening here as an 'argument' when I myself don't.

Another thing I'd like to point out was that I was calling the joke 'Stupid'. I was not calling the person who made the comment themselves 'Stupid'.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
[Legion]
Admin
avatar

Posts : 175
Join date : 2016-04-20

PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:37 pm

Theres really no point to this. Just throwing shit over a wall and then having it thrown back. Locking.

_________________
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://frontierind.forumotion.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: KiloSE7EN and Arglack   

Back to top Go down
 
KiloSE7EN and Arglack
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Frontier Industries :: No Mans Land :: MERP :: Applications :: Player Apps :: Denied-
Jump to: